December 21 — Christmas Carols, Cocoa, and Cookies!
All students in Grades 6-8 and their parents are invited to participate in our second 12:13 quarterly activity! (Students are encouraged to reach out and invite Middle School friends, but siblings should not attend this event.) Here are the details:
- Date: Sunday, December 21
- Time: 5:00-9:00 pm
- Place: Meet at the Flower Hill Community Center at 5:00 to sing carols and pass out invitations to the Christmas Eve service. Return to the church (Events Center) at approximately 6:450 for Christmas goodies and fun.
- Cost: $3 per person (pay at the door)
– 5:00: Meet at Flower Hill Community Center. (Carpooling recommended)
– 5:15-6:30: Carol in nearby neighborhoods and give out invitations to Christmas Eve service (Parents and students will be organized in groups of 25 or so and supplied with songbooks)
– 6:45-9:00: Return to Events Center for hot chocolate, hot apple cider, snacks, and entertainment
- Christmas Goodies Competition! All students are encouraged to bring their favorite homemade Christmas goodies. Prizes will be awarded to the top chef in each grade. (The more entries, the more snacks for everyone to enjoy!)
- Please bring: Flashlights, warm clothes, $3/person, and entries for the Christmas Goodies Competition
- Parent Participation: Not required, but we would love to have as many parents participate as possible!
- In case of bad weather: We will post an announcement on this blog by 3pm on Sunday if bad weather changes our plans.
We look forward to sharing the joyful news of Jesus with your family and the surrounding community on December 21!